- Question: The conference website will not let me add an item to my registration. How can I add additional items to an existing registration?
- Answer: Click on the “add items” link.
- Question: What is an Alcathon?
- Answer: It is continuous meetings that go on 24 hours a day during the length of the conference (unless there is a speaker meeting going on). In California, we call this a Marathon.
- Question: Is there a speaker on Friday night?
- Answer: Yes. There is a speaker every night and a speaker on Sunday morning.
- Question: Do I have to pay for the Ice Cream if I want to hear the Friday night speaker?
- Answer: No, all speaker’s meetings are open to everyone after the paid event is over.
- Question: Can my friends and I reserve a table at any of the speaker meetings?
- Answer: No, seating is on a first-come-first-seating basis.
- Question: I am planning my trip and want to know if there is anything going on Thursday?
- Answer: The conference starts on Thursday. Registration is opened at noon, there will be panels and/or workshops. The speaker meeting starts at 7:00 pm.
- Question: When will the conference schedule be posted on the website?
- Answer: January 2019
- Question: I am attending my first conference and I will be alone. Will there be some type of buddy system for first timers?
- Answer: Yes. Check in at the Hospitality Table.
- Question: What is the difference between a Panel and Workshop?
- Answer: Panel usually consist of a particular topic with three to four speakers sharing their experience and is usually followed by a question and answer period. Workshops are designed to teach or introduce practical skills, techniques or ideas about a selected topic. All topics are AA related and personal experience is shared.
- Question: Can we purchase souvenirs at the conference?
- Answer: No, all souvenirs must be purchased with your registration. No sales at the conference.
- Question: What are the parking options?
- Answer: There is parking at the hotel with in/out privileges. There are also parking nearby. Additional parking information will be posted on the website (Solutions and Information) in January.
- Question: How will we find out what rooms the meetings will be held in?
- Answer: Your program booklet will give you the room location for the meetings and there are touchscreens through the hotel for meeting room locations.
The International Women’s Conference is the bridge to a better understanding of the Alcoholics Anonymous philosophy and way of life because of our special needs in sobriety as women. We as women members of Alcoholic Anonymous are survivors. We have found a way to obtain meaning, depth and responsibility in our lives. This came about out of desire, decision, determination and spiritual guidance. An elevated sense of belonging that is brought about by the special services and a special need provided by our Women’s Conference is our goal.
Los Angeles IWC Chair
Amanda L. 1-323-807-9364
Los Angeles IWC Co-Chairs
Gloria V. 1-626-833-1213 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn L. 1-818-489-9438 email@example.com
Los Angeles IWC Treasurer
Jan F. 1-323-807-9285 firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles Registration Chair
Kris P. 1-310-613-6175 email@example.com
Nikole L. 1-310-351-7880 Nikolelarson@yahoo.com